Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Half Way Through the MTC!!!

HEY everybody!!!! Its been another great week here at the CTM. I am enjoying learning poruguêse, and am doing well. I have to say my Spanish has definitely helped me. Our investigators are progressing, one doesn't always read the Book of Mormon, but he knows a lot, and loves to ask questions, and the other one is almost impossible to understand. We get to go proselyting this week!!! It's a little scary, but I think I can do it. There is a sister here from Juis de Fora, that my district loves to sit with, because she speaks slowly, and clearly, so we have no trouble understanding what she says, whereas, anyone from São Paulo might as well be speaking French. I love being here, even if the schedule quickly becomes repetitive. Glad to hear so many of you are doing so well on your own missions. Missionaries love to get emails. so if you are reading this, feel free to send a quick email. I am excited to get out of the CTM, I'm half way through, and even though I learn a lot, every day (minus Wednesdays, and Sundays) are the exact same as every other day. I enjoy the work of learning, and am progressing quickly, and the language is coming, but I am excited to do some real missionary work. We went to the temple today, and got some pass along cards to give out today and during proslitismo.  Then we spent about two and a half hours on the way back due to bad traffic. I love the devotionals here, even if they are hard to understand, I learn a lot. eu gosto de falar portuguêse, and am starting to think in it. I don't think I told you, but a while ago we had a GIANT moth fly into our dorm hall. It was seriously bigger then my hand. I am getting pretty good at playing volleyball, and enjoy physical activity. We spend at least 10 hours a day in our classroom, and have come to both love and hate that room. Oh have I mentioned feel free to write... you know who you are. I officially love guava, it is one of the best fruits they serve here, and the papaya can be a little sketchy. It is raining here again, and the rain is weird, its not even really droplets, but more of a heavy mist. It is kind of scary knowing that I will be out on the streets proselyting, Feel free to pray for me, I will need it. Our Brasilian roommates left for the field this week, and we are excited for them, (and hoping its just the four of us in the room for a while) The six flights of stairs are starting to become easier, seeing how we climb them a lot. One of the elders in our district twisted his foot playing basketball the other day, and has to hobble up to the seventh floor every day. I have decided that P-Days are the best, we get to go to the temple (and sleep on the bus) send emails home.... (hey if you dont send emails...) and get to go out in the city (a very limited area) and we are only in our classroom for 3.5 hours!! I hope to be able to hear from you all next P-Day. (again feel free to write) I love getting news from home, it can be spiritual expierences, day to day stuff, or just what ever. even though the food is good, and I eat all I can every day I haven't been gaining weight like some of the elders here. Today at the temple I was proxy for David Lindsay, so close!Well time is running short and it is time for me to get off. I hope you are all having a good time, learning alot, and constantly improving yourselves. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!                                    - Elder Lindsey                                                                                                                                                                        P.S. write me, I love getting letters from home

x

No comments:

Post a Comment