Monday, October 6, 2014

General Conference and my Birthday!


Lets see, we have a ton of new amazing investigators! If only they had come to conference!!! :(
Claudir is still improving, Arnaldo and Isabela just need to get married. We should be baptizing Alison this week if we can get in two more appointments (one lesson and interview)
This week we literally preached from mountaintops! (we were teaching someone just a little below this)

We had a great birthday celebration and "it is [now] prohibited to party on [my] bed" because on my birthday, Elder Cordeiro and Elder Conceção broke my bed (we  fixed it with string and duct tape.)
 Also, here is a view out the window on my birthday. Yeah lots of fog..... and when the fog went away we had rain instead!

We didn't have any power on the third, which made cooking quite fun. :)
I held a parrot at a members house!
And don't forget GENERAL CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!t was amazing, I got to go to all of it, and watched half in Portuguese, half in English, and Elder Martinez in
Spanish.
I learned so much, and there are so many things that I have to work on.
A few things I learned this week:
If you are not continuously improving, you are not doing as good as you could be.
Repentance is a constant effort, continual improvement, not a single moment of repentance here and there.
Prayer is not made up of the words so much as it is made up of the throbbings of the heart.
Share the gospel because of how much it means to you.
Faith brings miracles.
Yeah this was an absolutely amazing week.
I want you all to know that I love you all, and often pray for you!
Love,
Elder Lindsey,

P.S. go read the scriptures.


No comments:

Post a Comment